Comment on Microsoft Office, PDF and image files
Collaborate in Google Drive with comments on Microsoft Office, PDF, images and other types of files
Add comments to files in Google Drive
- From Google Drive on the web (https://drive.google.com) open the Preview of the file
- From the preview use the three-dot more actions menu at the top right of the preview and choose Open in new window
- Once open in a new window or tab you will see the add a comment icon appear then select some text (or an area on a image) then use the Add a comment icon that appears on the right of your selection
- Add you comment and you can +mention users and assign actions to specific users.
- To view comments marked as done or resolved use the three-dot more actions menu and choose Show comments column
- Use the three-dot more actions menu and choose Manage comment notifications to choose whether you get notifications for every comment, only replies and mentions or no notification at all.
- Comments made on Microsoft Office files appear as comments in the relevant app, e.g. if you add a comment to a Word file you will see this as a comment in Microsoft Word on the desktop.